Marriage is an institution that has been around for centuries, yet in recent times it seems to be losing its longevity.
There’s an increase in Divorce rates and many couples are struggling to keep there marriages intact.
Here’s are some of the reasons why marriage doesn’t last anymore.
1. Lack Of commitment: With the rise of individualism and changing societal norms, many people are less committed to the idea of marriage. This lack of commitment can lead to a lack of effort in maintaining the relationship leading to it’s eventual breakdown.
2. Unrealistic Expectations: Many couple enter Marriage with high expectations but when reality set in, they realize that their spouse is not the perfect person they imagined. As a result, they became disillusioned and disappointed leading to conflicts and untimely divorce.
3. Infidelity: When one or both partners are unfaithful, it can cause irreplaceable damage to the relationship. The trust is broken and it become difficult to rebuild the relationship.
4. Financial Issues: Money is a significant source of stress for many couples and when they are unable to manage their finances, it lead to conflicts. Disagreement over spending habits, debt and lack of financial planning can all contribute to Marital breakdown.
5. Lack Of Communication: When couples stop communicating, they become distant and it becomes difficult to resolve conflicts. This leads to feelings of resentment and frustration which can eventually lead to the breakdown of the marriage.